Marathon for Brain Cancer SurvivalMarcel Velthuis
( Member of team: Brain Tumor Survival Marathon )
We're running the 2020 Rotterdam Marathon to enable the Erasmus Fund to research brain tumors.
- Brain tumors are incurable.
- The survival rate is around 1%.
- 75% of people who are diagnosed with brain cancer die in less than 5 years.
- And for children, it's the deadliest type of cancer.
- There are 120 types of brain tumors and their causes are still unknown.
You can create your own personalized poster to draw attention to this fundraising page. After printing the poster you can hang it in a shop, a café window or a community bulletin board. Ask your family, friends, co-workers and neighbors to help and also put up a poster in their home, school or work place. Most people are willing to help but be sure to ask permission first.